CodeIgniter is a framework written in PHP. It contains the library and plugins which help to maintain and create the high-performance web application. This framework simplifies the PHP code which helps to create dynamic and interactive web applications in a shorter time. It supports the PHP and MySQL latest versions.
CodeIgniter is an open source framework, licensed under MIT and its source code is maintaining its community at GitHub online repository.
Copyright (c) 2008-2014, EllisLab, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2014-2015, British Columbia Institute of Technology
The latest version of CodeIgniter is v3.1.3.
CodeIgniter is very popular framework among PHP developers with very rich and easiest following features.
1. It is under the MIT License. Therefore it is freely available for use.
2. This framework follows the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern which keeps separates its logical and presentation code for an easily manageable application.
3. It is very lightweight in use. You also can add another PHP library basis on your more requirements.
4. URLs generated by this framework are search engine friendly.
5. It comes with the pre-functioning library like form-validation, sending email, manipulating images etc.
6. This framework has some additional features and functionality like Error logging, Localization, Security & XSS Filtering.
Please share this article, if it was helpful for you.