PHP Stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is open source server side scripting language to build web applications. PHP script runs on the server and generates the HTML content and sent to the client(Browser).
PHP can be embedded with HTML Tags. See the Example Below:
<title>PHP Basic | HarishSharma.net</title>
// Show your message
echo 'Hello World!';
What PHP can do for you
- PHP can generate dynamic web pages which are easy for customizing.
- PHP can connect with latest databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgresSQL etc.
- PHP can send an email to another server.
- PHP can perform the CRUD(Create, Read, Update, Delete) operation in the database.
PHP has a lot of more advantages which we will learn in further articles.
PHP Vs Other Languages
- Easy to Learn: PHP has easy syntax for easy learning for beginners.
- Open Source: PHP is free to download and customizable because it is open source. You can download PHP freely and start the development.
- Fast Performance: PHP is faster compared to ASP .net and JAVA.
Interesting Fact: The some of the popular websites like Facebook, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Flickr etc are built in PHP. Also some of major CMS(Content Management System) like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc. are also built in PHP.